As we've been out and about our children have been learning so I thought I would post some of the incidental learning that we've had going on.
- looking at street name signs when out for walks - an excellent resource for learning capital letters
- painting with water on the wall - great for upper body gross motor development / practicing writing / science of wet and dry
- playing with objects in water - which ones sink and which ones float
- playing making shadows - great for fun fine motor imitation practice
- making and melting ice cubes - the science of water properties
- growing beans
- cooking - measuring good for maths, stirring / rolling / shaping good for fine motor development
- labelling colours of cars when out for walks - easy method of checking colours
- looking for minibeasts - we found ladybirds, spiders, beetles, snails, slugs, ants and worms
Let me know your incidental learning activities and I'll add them to the list!